This raw vegan blueberry chocolate tart is very tasty yet healthy. The blueberry topping is made using a very similar technique as the popular recipe for Raw Vegan Chocolate Gelato/Mousse and the base is very similar to the one used in the delicious Little Bird recipe for Summer Berry & Cream Choc Tart. Two very good techniques to learn not only for raw cooking but if you want to make easy and nutritious dessert that are to die for.
The final technique is making vegan whipped cream/egg whites out of linseeds. So there are three main steps in this recipe that are all quite easy.
This This raw vegan blueberry chocolate tart is packed full of wholefoods and super foods making it flavoursome and healthy.
Vegan Whipped Cream/Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup linseeds
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp ROAR coconut sugar
Chocolate Walnut Base
- 2 cups ROAR activated walnuts (just use normal ones if you can’t get activated – but activated walnuts takes way better!)
- 2 cups dates
- 3 tbsp ROAR raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ROAR virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao butter (you can just substitute this for an extra tbsp coconut oil, but the cacao butter will give it slightly more structure)
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen) + extra blueberries to garnish
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp ROAR virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- ROAR coconut sugar to taste (I actually don’t usually add this but taste first and add if required depending on how ripe/sweet your bananas are)
Method for vegan whipped cream/meringue:
For more detailed instructions check out the blog post about an amazing technique using linseeds to make vegan whipped cream here are the simple instructions:
- Boil the water and linseed in a pot for 20 minutes
- Stain off the gluey water (this is the linseed mucilage) using a sieve
- Whip the linseed mucilage with an electric beater on high for 25 minutes until it is white and fluffy and no longer has a slimy texture.
- Add the vanilla and sugar and beat for another 5 minutes
Method for the chocolate walnut base:
- Blend the activated walnuts until they are a fine ‘flour’ (you can also use some hazelnuts as an extra dimension of flavour if you wish)
- Add the dates and keep blending until they are blended fine and the mixture has a doughy consistency.
- Melt the oils over low heat (or a bain-marie) and add to the mixture, blend some more.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse blend to combine. Do not over blend the once the cacao is added as this can turn waxy if over-worked.
- Spread out the mixture into a mould and put into the freezer to harden for 10 minutes while you make the blueberry topping.
Please note that you can blend these ingredeints less or more depending on whether you want some crunch of walnuts in your base. Just make sure you blend the dates well.
Method for the blueberry topping:
- Blend up the blueberries and banana until it is completely smooth. Add in the coconut oil once it is melted. Add in some honey to taste if it is not sweet enough.
- Fold in 1 cup of the vegan whipped cream
Take the mould out of the freezer and add the blueberry topping on top. Sprinkle on some whole blueberries for garnish. Put back in the freezer for 15 minutes. You can leave it in the freezer to completely freeze. But make sure you take it out to defrost before serving and do not do this multiple times.
Serve with some more vegan whipped cream.